|Title||Advertising Account Manager|
|Salary||Up to £43,000 + Comms|
Job Title: Advertising Account Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £43,000 + Comms
Our client is Britain’s bestselling monthly subscription magazine, targeting the over-50’s. They offer a fabulous mix of articles ranging from automotive, lifestyle, travel, technology and celebrities.
This is a key sales role within the publishing team. The role is responsible for delivering commercial revenue streams across advertising and partnerships, working with marketing, editorial and digital teams. It is responsible for selling display advertising across digital and print (magazine), maximizing advertising revenue into the magazine and digital channels.
· Deliver multi-channel commercial advertising and partnership sales, including income generated via advertising sales, revenue share agreements, lead generation, and various strategic content and commercial partnerships.
· Execute the multi-channel selling effort efficiently and in accordance with the procedures set in place by the Commercial Director, both via face-to-face and phone. Accurately forecast and manage sales revenue and yield across multiple channels against revenue and sales KPIs.
· Develop innovative commercial partnership propositions with major brands, identifying revenue opportunities. Support the launch of new revenue initiatives that capitalise on new market opportunities or technical developments. Awareness of relevant account moves, industry news and competitive media (TV, Outdoor, Radio, etc) by regular monitoring of the trade press (Media Week, Campaign Media Business).
· Account manage a portfolio of major brands at a senior level, developing annual propositions and commercial advertising strategies for the brand portfolio across media channels. Manage internal customers on an account management basis, ensuring business needs are met.
· Support fellow members of the team with the construction of sales arguments and the creation of proposals and presentation documents, developing and refining face-to-face pitching and sales skills.
· Pass competitor and market intelligence to the Commercial Director and the team, and proficiently define and apply standard industry and proprietary research.
· Identify and scope partners and services – fostering and developing excellent partner relationships – to deliver new revenue channels. Develop long-term client relationships with major brands at senior level
· Monitor, manage and report on commercial progress against budget for existing and new projects, providing accurate forecasting, commercial dashboards, competitor analysis and MI reporting to create data-led commercial insights.
|Desired Skills & Experience||
About the Ideal Candidate
· Strong multi-channel advertising sales experience in a mass consumer environment across digital, social, print and experiential environments.
· Intelligent, team focused, and a quick learner, with excellent sales skills (presenting, negotiating and finishing), who can develop relationships and hold informed conversations with clients and agencies.
· Proactive and driven, good at presenting, managing relationships and opening doors with major brands.
· Excellent agency and client contacts at the most senior level, with excellent sales skills across pitching and negotiating, developing relationships and commercial partnerships with major consumer brands.
· Proven experience in creating commercially successful digital and offline partnership projects, driving multi-channel engagement and customer journeys.
· Proven ability to use insights and data to build evidence-based sales and commercial approaches, and translate those into sales tactics and plans, along with excellent data analysis skills.
· Experience in advertising and commercial accounts, sales and commercial forecasting, and financial reporting in a consumer media or publishing organisation.
Job: Advertising Account Manager