|The Role Objective
You have the overall responsibility for the delivery of integrated Search and Biddable strategies in for all of the clients within your team.
Encourage & deliver the development of creative and innovative media solutions, building a clear understanding of how data, content & technology can work together, to achieve our ambition of inventing the future of media
Lead and develop the team of strong analytically minded and innovative practitioners.
Revolutionise the role of Biddable channels in the Media Plan through showcasing excellent work, educating relevant stakeholders, providing additional data and insights and challenging the way we work were appropriate. Understand and give holistic strategic view on how different digital channels perform together, with a working knowledge of Display, SEO and Affiliate (as well as on-site Analytics and UX) channels and understand the relationship between brand and acquisition elements of a client’s media activity.
The Channel – Operations
- Take the lead for the search and biddable thinking on the accounts, Short and Long terms strategy for all clients within the village: PPC, BidSoc, advice on Technology and Analytics, User Experience and Cross-Device
- Take ownership of the performance of the key clients: including delivery against set objectives and KPIs, production of long terms strategies and forecasts
- Uses emerging trends, search and social insights to apply fresh perspective to the business
- Develop processes and ways of working which increase productivity within your team and deliver consistently high results. Creating the BAU framework for the team and identifying the efficiency improvement opportunities
- Ensure that your team provide accurate and insightful data analysis to drive campaign effectiveness – ultimate responsibility for the data we provide our clients with
- Ensure that all of your team members are aware of the Search and BidSoc strategy for each client
- Formulation of scope of work documents, SLAs and P&Ls by client. Effectively communicate the changes and ways of working through to the appropriate stakeholders
- Co-ordination of the different digital channels across the client business where applicable
- Ensure that your team are reconciling all media buys & vouching within 5 working days
- Ensure that all digital campaigns are both fully optimised and reconciled. This includes optimisation to the best performing formats, audiences, days of week, time of day, creative, geolocation, device and brand safety aspects.
- Work with Media Planning to ensure that briefs and the briefing process for your Biddable team are as effective as possible
- Identify the commercial opportunities and take the lead on developing these
- Write POVs, Case Studies, Award Entries and blog post
- Biddable Lead for senior clients for any issues involving strategy, planning, execution, maintenance and development for Integrated Search and Biddable campaigns
- Communication plan and management of Senior Clients
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings
- Develop a strong relationship with the client team at a senior level
- Manage client expectations and ensure that campaigns are meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Become a part of clients business, truly understand the internal structures, issues, business objectives, ways of working and ambitions
- Build a trusted adviser relationship with the client team at a senior level, challenging the thinking where relevant
- Ensure that all bookings made by your team are entered onto Adazzle and Metis accurately and on time, minimising queries – and where queries do arise, ensure that they are resolved promptly
- Ensure all billing is received in the correct format and at the correct time
- Respond to all client requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner
- Lead all strategic Biddable client meetings: delivery and presentation and follow up
Fulfil the role of an inspiring manager through inspirational leadership and management of team members; ensure full engagement and motivation at all times. Specific responsibilities include:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude throughout!
- Create an environment in which your team members are encouraged to have and voice their opinion
- Identify the team individual strengths and weaknesses – and build the team based on these, through relevant training opportunities, appropriate level of delegation, in-team restructures when necessary
- Ensure the workload is split equally and the teams skills and expertise are developed for both disciplines: Search and Biddable Social
- Career and development plans for ADs and AMs for 1 – 5 years. SMART Objectives setting, leading 360 reviews, on-going constructive feedback
- Act as a mentor and coach for ADs
- Recruitment lead for the team – briefing, interviewing (using the set MS best practice, numerical tests, presentation tests and practical tasks). Provide training to the ADs on leading this process
- Take responsibility over teams workload and priorities throughout any GAP periods
- Effective performance management of team members and the active management of any conduct issues (e.g. attitude, timekeeping) or capability (underperformance) issues
- Take responsibility for resolving any conflict management issues within your team
- Ensure that performance is recognised and rewarded e.g. ensure the right people are nominated for exchange person of the month, person of the year, emails are sent to senior management teams etc
- Effectively manage and develop all members of your team.
Internal/External Relationships, Communication and Soft Skills
- Develop a strong relationship with other digital disciplines (Display, SEO, Performance, Affiliates, UX, Analytics)
- Develop collaborative relationships with the other departments – be proactive in utilising Business Planning, working with relevant data departments
- Appropriate, consistent, structured communication with Media Planning, Client Leadership and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at a senior level
- Develop relationships with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure an integrated approach (e.g. creative) and be an effective ambassador
- Manage workflow priorities within your team, ensuring that the right resource is deployed. Managing and prioritising own workload
- Meet all appropriate deadline and be an excellent time manager
- Provide strong communication to all internal and external stakeholders in regards to work in progress, setting expectations or providing an update on meeting the deadlines
- Play an active role within the wider Exchange, taking on responsibility for driving knowledge in a specific area/field