|Title||Global Digital Manager|
|Salary||Up to £40,000|
Job Title: Global Digital Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £40,000
Our client forms part of the WPP network and handles the media planning and buying for some of the world’s smartest advertisers. This agency ensures their employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare. Furthermore, the Global Digital Manager will work on a portfolio of consumer goods, beverages and insurance clients.
- Working with the Lubricants Account Director and Snr Digital Manager to create global digital strategy and distribute campaign guidelines to markets
- Working with offline planners and creative agencies to establish the role for digital within Shell’s overall comms strategy.
- Develop brand digital learning with the support of Planner and Exec, fine-tune and finalise the decks.
- This will involve drafting specific campaign guideline documents and ensuring their implementation across all markets.
- Daily Liaison with local MediaCom offices to ensure guidelines are understood and followed
- Manage relationship with publishers and main technology partners, i.e. Google, DC, Integralads. Up to speed with latest digital developments.
- Analysis of all local activity with feedback and guidance — “health checking” locally developed idea and initiatives.
- Daily contact with Digital managers at client side as main interface for all digital plans
- Supporting the Account team with key digital insights and learning to inform wider comms strategy
- Managing all reporting needs, tracking campaign status and updating the team and client
- Managing the day to day productivity of the Planner and Exec on the team
- Supporting their career development
- Knowledge of the online/ digital media market, both domestic and international
- Excellent at developing strategies, and online media planning and reporting
- Conversant in social media, search and mobile marketing
- Experience in DFA and planning tools (such as Nielsen, AdRelevance, comScore)
- Strong team player
- Good attention to detail
- International experience is a bonus
- Global blue chip client experience would be ideal
Job: Global Digital Manager