PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The job holder is responsible for the delivery of international business development revenues from a defined client base via the marketing solutions portfolio. The marketing solutions portfolio provides cross-media services primarily across events, digital, print, and research. The role will require the individual to work closely with the internal production, content and marketing departments with particular emphasis on conducting dual calls wherever possible to deliver revenues across our growing portfolio.
• Developing relationships using a consultative approach and pitch integrated marketing solutions from the portfolio to law firms based outside of the UK (excluding the US).
• Play a key role in the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for clients operating within the legal market in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
• Ensure maximum revenue generation and maximum yield through price management, ideally in excess of the budget or forecast
• Contribute to new product development initiatives aimed at generating growth from new, audience appropriate, revenue sources
• Monitor competitor publications, websites and events to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for potential leads for conversion
• Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities
• Attend industry events as and when needed, this may include overseas events
• Attend regular meetings with central support departments including those for commercial development, events and digital development.
|Desired Skills & Experience
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Demonstrate general business awareness, in-depth industry knowledge and strong commercial acumen
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, that includes ensuring information and data is passed up and down through all levels of employee in area of influence
• Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem solving approach
• Ability to work in a team environment collaboratively with other business functions to agree deliverables and align resources to business plans
• Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Ability to facilitate achievement against objectives and great performance in others
• Decisive approach to problem solving and an emphasis on high impact delivery
• Overall uplift in Business Development revenues for your assigned client base, demonstrating a mix of new product development, sales and enhanced revenue generation on existing products
• Achievement of personal and team revenue targets as agreed with the Commercial Director
• Implementation of new audience centric and platform neutral approach for market sector