Job Title: Partnerships Senior Sales Executive
Working on the most exciting and biggest motoring media brand in the world, this position requires a Senior Sales Exec that can drive partnership revenues from core and non-core accounts. They will be equally as adept working with large media agencies as they are with direct clients, possessing an authoritative understanding of the print and digital media landscapes.
- To sell the full range of our client’s advertisements opportunities using an array of appropriate skills: entrepreneurialism, formal presentations, informal presentations, sales meetings and telephone sales.
- To become proficient, evangelize and be seen as an expert in our client’s commercial unique sales points: content creation, social media, video production, and international reach.
- To negotiate the best possible rate for each transaction, using discretion within the parameters set out by the Advertising Director.
- To maximise display and advertorial volumes and yields.
- To keep regular contact with current, previous and potential advertisers and their advertising agencies within personal agency/category/client allocation.
- To account manage specific business areas to develop new print and digital revenues.
- To actively pitch for partnerships/cross media business, seek out proactive briefs and get close to contacts to ensure we create fresh advertising opportunities
- To develop non-display revenue streams in order to help facilitate their growth.
- To be responsible for and fully service an allocated group of agencies and clients.
- To be actively involved in team training sessions and meetings.
- To help the team with any administrative responsibilities, such as market share analysis, ensuring all leads are recorded and all bookings are on the system accurately.
- To monitor all appropriate competitive media for business leads.
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the titles’ markets, competitors and advertising clients.
- To develop a knowledge of marketing practices to understand the advertising goals of clients.
- To keep the Advertising Director and Group Heads informed of business in hand and pipeline management (assessing level of current prospects, replenishing lapsed leads, identifying future business to be won).
- To consider added value opportunities available via BBC Worldwide for display advertisers where there is a benefit to client relationship and business generation.
- To achieve a minimum of 5 external meetings per week, agency and clients
- To liaise with internal departments (e.g. research, editorial, marketing etc.) to gain maximum information and co-operation to aid the sales process.
- To entertain clients and agencies (with hospitality budget guidelines) where this is advantageous to business.
- To be aware of and be involved in the role of the advertisement production department.
- To represent the company’s best interests at all times.
- Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time as part of a career development programme.
- You will be a Sales or Senior Sales Executive for a consumer magazine or on-line brand, ideally already working within the partnership space and having experience of how to win these types of deals.
- We are looking for someone that has a proven track record of beating targets and a great reputation within the industry. Someone that is a team player, hard-working and fast thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with clients, advertising agencies, colleagues and fellow team members.
- Empathy with the magazines’/brands subject matter, market sector and working environment.
- Equally confident in answering to prescriptive briefs or sparking fresh proactive ideas to win new business, exciting customers to want to work with Top Gear as a creative media owner.